Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekly updates! :)

Well I’ve decided I’m going to start posting every Monday (if all goes as planned) to go over the past week’s activities!! I figure that’ll be MUCH easier than posting one GIGANTIC post talking about the past few weeks (even though I’m sure my posts will be just as huge.. I’m a talker)! LOL!!

This past week has been one of the slower weeks that we have had so far this summer!! It was kind of nice!! J So this first weekly post is probably going to be kind of boring!! LOL!!

Well a couple weeks ago, Devin and I started talking about the possibility of selling our hot tub.. We currently don’t have a fenced in back yard, NO privacy and LOTS of kids in our neighborhood. Dev got home from work a few weeks ago, and the hot tub lid was wide open!! This wasn’t good, especially since that SAME day the neighbor girls were outside in swimsuits running around playing, AND even though we had the hot tub turned off, it was still full… Hmmmm, not 100% sure but we think we know who was playing in the tub.. Well, after talking about it for the past few weeks, Wednesday we made the decision that it had to go!! We couldn’t risk a neighbor kid playing in it and getting hurt, AND once we start our own family I couldn’t feel 100% comfortable EVER leaving the kids home alone (yes, even if that’ll be like 13 years away.. lol) and letting the kids play in the backyard without FULL supervision.. So Wednesday we cleaned it out really good, polished up the cover and posted pictures on KSL. Well after a day of NO bites, we reposted it Thursday night (just to see).. After about an hour, we received a phone call from one interested purchaser, and a text from another.. The guy who called ended up coming over to check it out, and it was a done deal! He gave us some money to hold it for him till Friday, then met up with me and paid the rest off.. Apparently he and his wife went out of town for the weekend, so he is coming to get it tonight! That was FAST! LOL.. We didn’t think it would be sold as fast as it was, but we are glad to have it leaving (one less stress) and we are more than happy for the extra $$! J

Friday afternoon Dev and I went up to his parents for a few hours to help in the backyard! Devs parents have been in their house for about 4 years, and they have the front yard done, just not the back. For the past few weeks, they have been pulling weeds, leveling, putting in a sprinkler system, etc to get it ready for top soil and sod this week… We figured the least we could do is give them as much time as possible right now (things are extremely hectic and busy with the wedding right around the corner) since they are having our rehearsal dinner there, and in the back yard September 3! Well we spent 2 ½ hours running wires for the sprinkler system, burying trenches, and throwing out HUGE rocks!! PHEW!! We were EXHAUSTED!!! It was A LOT of work!! And even though 2 ½ hours doesn’t seem like much, we got half of their (over) 6500 square foot backyard ready for top soil!! We went home that night about 7, and our good friend Chris came over with his son Aiden and made us dinner!! He made his “world famous” spaghetti, and it was way yummy!! After dinner, and cleaning up we just sat around and talked and hung out, while poor Aiden who was beat, fell asleep right on the floor by the kitchen table.. LOL. Poor guy couldn’t even make it to a couch! Haha.. It was a really fun, chill night!!

Saturday morning, Dev got up BRIGHT AND EARLY and headed to his parents house to do more work in the yard! I of course slept in.. LOL (that is the one thing I will miss about living separate.. not waking up each time he does if I don’t have to.. haha).. I got up, and got ready for my second bridal shower with Devs family! I headed up to Devs parents house a bit after 1, and he headed to the NEXT yard that he was asked to help in.. By the time he got to that yard, everything was done so he wasn’t needed anymore, lucky Dev headed home to nap. My bridal shower was a lot of fun!!! Devs mom and sisters all did a really great job!! The food was yummy, the gifts were awesome (it was camping theme), and the company was great as well!! It was a really fun day!! Dev came back up about 3:30, and he had to open one gift in particular… I was BRIGHT red, and he needed to feel the pain too.. Haha. Well as we were getting ready to clean up, and head out I got a call from my grandma.. Friday she ended up purchasing a LITTLE (not even 1 pd) Chihuahua! Once she got her home, her older (much bigger) doggie didn’t like her AT ALL, so she realized she couldn’t keep her. Since Dev and I have a house, and no other pets we offered to take her till we could find her a good home.. She is SO adorable, and such a good doggie.. I got more attached than I thought I would.. L And now I’m havin a hard time knowing we are gonna have to send her on her way soon!! I think its awesome how people foster doggies, and keep them till they can transition them to their new home.. I just def couldn’t do that!! Its way too hard for me!!! Saturday night we set up the little stinker in our jetted tub with blankies, water and her toys and headed out to my Dads lifelong, best friends birthday party! It was lots of fun hanging out, and talking to people that I haven’t seen in YEARS!! It was a nice Saturday!!

Sunday I got up and headed over to the house, and Dev and I washed our cars.. They both DESPERATELY needed a good cleaning.. I honestly can’t even remember the last time I washed my car! Haha.. We played with the puppy, then went to my parents house for Sunday dinner..

Now we are back up and at it!!! And I’ve already got a serious case of the Mondays.. BLAH! LOL! This week is a BUSY one!!! Lots going on!!! So I hope I can wake up, and make it through! Haha. Have a great week everyone!!! J

 A sneak peek into part of what was in that gift I was extremely embarassed over! LOL!
 Me n dev wearing part of our gifts.. Haha.

 You can see compared to that SMALL blue toy just how tiny she is!
 She was yelling at me cuz I took her picture! LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment