Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

~ * The Bakers * ~

SO much has gone on since my last post!! I can’t even remember everything as most of August, and pretty much all of September so far has gone by in a flash!! I can’t believe we are almost in October!! This year has gone by so fast!!! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and 2012 will be here before we know it!!!
                       
Well, its official! J Devin and I are now known as The Bakers! J YAY!!!

 Our wedding was absolutely amazing, and we loved every second of it!! It was the best day of both of our lives!!!

 As with any wedding, it didn’t go 100% perfect, but it was overall amazing!!! Everyone’s hard work, and help really paid off!

The day started with me, my mom and my two sisters (AKA my Bridesmaids) going to a salon to get our hair done! J After the appointment my sisters had to go run back home, and since my mom and I were already pretty close to the reception hall we decided to stay in the South Jordan area.. To kill some time, we went to South Towne mall. Devin and I had wanted to get him some fuchsia socks for the wedding to match my glitter shoes, but we weren’t able to find any! So my mom and I ventured in to Dillards (with our fingers crossed) and got some AWESOME purple, black and fuchsia argyle socks! SCORE! We killed a little time, and about 3:20 decided to go get a drink, then head to the reception hall. They wouldn’t kick us out 30 minutes early right?!?! ;) And then the anxiety hit.. As we walked out of the mall HUGE black clouds were coming over the mountains.. I gave myself a pep talk, and decided that at the end of the day I am going to marry my best friend, and that’s all that matters, so I’m just gonna roll with it! J So we were on our way! We got all the centerpieces, pictures, bubbles, etc unloaded from my moms car and I headed up to the brides room to get my make up done, and finish getting ready while the reception hall got set up! J

As I was upstairs getting ready, waterfall tragedy hit.. Apparently we were able to dodge the rain clouds (YAY) but the workers at our reception hall left the waterfall on, and it FLOODED the yard (BOO)!! My amazing husband, and family got the situation sorted out so we were still able to have our ceremony outdoors! J It all ended up wonderfully, and our ceremony was absolutely beautiful!! Our judge was so unique, he really made the day special!! From there it was on to pictures! I don’t think I have ever smiled so much! Haha. My cheeks are STILL sore! ;) Devin and I then had our first dance, and we moved on to the speeches! J Both my sisters, and Devin’s parents spoke, and all the speeches were really very touching! Devin and I were both a couple of bawl babies! J Then we had the daddy daughter, and mother son dance together! J And then we were off!! The reception is sort of a blur! There were so many people I can barely remember if I got the chance to talk to and meet everyone!! But it was fabulous! The DJ was a BLAST, the photobooth was a HIT, and the food was delicious! Especially our AMAZING wedding cake (Thanks Pat ;)). Overall the night was the best thing I could have imagined, and more perfect than I could have dreamed! I am LOVING being married to the best man I have ever known, and look forward to the next 100 years as Mrs. Devin Baker J

Sunday the 11th Devin and I hopped in the car and headed to Vegas! Devin had NEVER been (shocking yes I know.. lol), and we wanted something close to home and low key! We got to our room at the Luxor about 5:30, changed and headed out to walk the strip!! I think that night we walked at least 6-8 miles! LOL!! We were exhausted!! The next day we got up and got ready. We were headed to the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace,  and discovered we had a flat tire.. Booooo.. LOL.. We googled, and GPS’d a Big O, and headed their way.. 2 ½ hours later, we had the tire fixed and were on our way!! LOL!! We had lunch and did a little shopping! The next day we got up, got ready and went to the Pink Taco for some lunch, and headed to the Wax museum! LOTS of fun!! J From there we went to the Secret Garden, and Dolphin exhibit! That was awesome as well! They had a 2 week old baby dolphin and a 3 month old! Dev and I could have sat and watched them ALL day!! J From there we went to the Stratosphere..  We went from there to dinner at Margaritaville! Such a FUN place!! Utah definitely needs one of these (hint hint Jimmy Buffet.. lol). We made friends with a “Captain” on stilts, who was making balloon animal hats! LOL! He made Devin and I a conjoining heart hat! He was awesome!! J The next day was pretty mellow! We got gas in the car, did a little shopping and walked around our hotel and the Mandalay Bay! At this point in the trip we were both EXHAUSTED!! Haha. We went to dinner at the House of Blues, then headed back to the room!! The next day we headed home! Instead of going straight home to our house, we took a detour to my parents to go through our mountain of gifts! Haha. That was a lot of fun!!! We really appreciate everyone and everything we got! J Overall our honeymoon was a BLAST!!! And some much needed time for just Dev and I! J

Now we are home, and back to the daily grind!!! Devin has started a co-ed softball league with his family, and some friends on Mondays. We are back to bowling in our DWS league every Thursday night with Dev’s Dad. And we are just enjoying being married, and living together!! Its really nice being home in OUR house, living together and just going through the day to day routine together! J I am really lucky to have such an amazing life partner, best friend, and soul mate wrapped up in the man I get to call my husband! J

BTW- I know, I know.. I am THE WORST at posting without pictures, and ALL week I have reminded myself to bring my camera cord and FORGOT.. LOL!! I will bring it tomorrow and do 2 gigantic posts full of pictures from August and September!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment