Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

34 weeks (1 day)- LARGE cantaloupe!

34 weeks (1 day)- Large Cantaloupe!
This week Brax is the size of a LARGE cantaloupe! About 19-22 inches long, and 5.5 pounds! J  Most of Brax’s growth over the next 5-6 weeks will be in weight! He should gain anywhere from 1-several pounds! Fat is accumulating rapidly at this point in my pregnancy, in the middle of my pregnancy Brax had 2% body fat, and now that percent has soared closer to about 15%, and will be a whopping 40% at term!! Can’t wait to squish and squeeze his chubby cheekys, legs, belly and arms!! J Brax’s brain continues to grow too! He is getting smarter each and every day!!! J

Last week we had a Dr appt, which came just in time! We wanted to check in on the information we had got from Fetal Studio a couple days before! LOL.. Should we be prepping for a little one arriving in 4 weeks?? Or a BIG baby?!?! LOL.. We gave my Dr the information/stats from the tech at Fetal Studio, and he said he appreciated it, BUT he wasn’t very concerned.. He said the techs are REALLY good at getting fun pictures, and determining the sex, but when it came to making decisions on due dates/size/etc he would trust his own techs a little more! ;) Just as I figured.. He asked me how big I was, and how big Dev was at birth.. Then reassured me that I am not “genetically engineered” to carry or deliver a really big baby! Could it still be possible? SURE.. But is it likely? No.. That was a relief.. LOL.. He also let us know he wouldn’t be moving up our due date! So PHEW all around! Haha. He offered to do another ultrasound between 36-37 weeks so we can check on Brax’s size so I can prep myself “just in case” he is measuring big.. Haha.. So at our appointment in 3 more weeks we will get another ultrasound! YAY!! I was going to ask for one anyway, and I didn’t even need to! My Dr is THE.BEST!! J We have an appointment next week, then one more 2 weeks after that, then we are down to WEEKLY visits till baby boy makes his grand entrance!! J We sure CAN NOT wait for him to be here!!! I can’t believe we are down to 6 more weeks!! HOLY COW!!!! He is going to be here so so soon!! Everyone keeps asking if we are nervous, or stressed.. If we are ready, or still have lots to do.. And honestly? We are SO beyond ready.. Am I nervous for him to be here? Not in the slightest.. I have a wonderful husband and partner to experience this entire thing with! He is already the BEST husband I could ever hope for, and he is going to be just as amazing at his new role of DADDY! J I am nervous for the delivery?? HECK YES… LOL.. I know once I am there, I will be okay. Its just hard right now not knowing what exactly to expect.. Are we ready?? Psh.. We’ve been ready for a while now.. LOL.. His nursery is ALL complete except for a few small finishing touches.. All that’s missing is baby!!! J Everyone that comes in his nursery says it looks like a page out of a babies R us catalogue.. Ha!! J

We are so excited, elated, giddy, happy and anxious for baby boy to be here!!! We know the next 6 weeks (give or take) are gonna go by EXTREMELY fast!! And we can’t wait!!! J





How far along? 34 weeks (1 day)
Due Date: I have decided he is just gonna come when he wants to, but HOPEFULLY he waits till at least June! LOL!! We are gonna get another ultrasound at our 37 week appt (3 weeks to go!!) to see how big baby boy is measuring so we know if we are expecting a BIG boy!! My Dr won’t move up our due date, he says he has measured between June 16, and 22 since day 1. So we are sticking with that.. He might just be BIG even though I am not “genetically engineered” to make and carry a big boy! Haha..
Total weight gain/loss: Oy, its ALL gain at this point.. Can’t wait to start losing though! Haha.   
Maternity clothes: Yep! All bottoms, and still able to mix in a few non maternity tops and dresses!
Sleep: Hubs says I am sleeping REALLY good right now, he can tell cuz I’ve taken up the new habit of SNORING.. LOL.. I have never snored in my life, but all the sudden I am snoring, and its not small or quiet either.. Haha.. 
Best moment this week: NESTING, NESTING, and MORE NESTING.. WOOHOO!! This mama is feeling GOOD! LOL.. I told Dev all we need to do is wash/organize all Brax’s clothes and blankets, wash the floorboards, ceiling fans, blinds and heater vents and we are DONE!!! Its exciting, and feels so good to get so much done!! Ahhh.. The things that you find exciting when you are old, married and expecting a baby.. LOL!
Movement: SO MUCH!!! Its my favorite thing to sit and watch my belly moving, rolling and bouncing.. J
Food cravings: Not really any cravings at this point!! Just anything COLD!! With the weather warming up I am all about ice cream, popsicles, water, juice, and kool-aid.. LOL..
Food aversions: Nada!!! Doin pretty good!! Not everything SOUNDS really good, but nothing is making me gag or sick anymore.. Haha.
Gender: ALL boy!!!
Labor Signs: Not really anything, just a few (of what I think are BH contractions). Baby boy better stay put for AT LEAST 3 more weeks! LOL..
Belly Button in or out? Umm the top is out, bottom is still in but is SUPER shallow! LOL..
What I miss: No aches and pains.. No cankles or swollen feet.. Being able to bend over, and move without pains.. Hahaha..
What I am looking forward to: Getting my hair done this weekend, and my FIRST Mothers Day! J YAY!!
Stretch marks: Yep… Ugh..
Wedding ring on/off: ON!! Even though my fingers are starting to swell a little bit too.. So not too sure how much longer I will be able to wear both rings.. Might just have to wear my wedding band soon!
Mood: Excited! Anxious! Giddy!!! J    
Milestones: Brax being head down, and in position! J This is a relief, but a TOTAL pain!! LOL..

** I need to upload and post pictures later!!!! Blogger won't work at my work anymore.. :( So hopefully I can get this taken care of later from home! Haha..


No comments:

Post a Comment