Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

22 weeks (1 day)- Spaghetti squash!!!


This week Brax is a WHOLE pound!!  That is so crazy, amazing and SO awesome!!! He is nearly 8 inches from top of his head to his cute lil bum as well!! He is getting so big!!! But he still has SO far to go in the next 4 months!! This week Brax is developing his sense of touch. He is starting to touch and grab things, and he has quite a strong grip!! He will often grip the umbilical cord for something to hold on to! Can’t wait for him to hold on to mine, and his daddy’s fingers! His sense of sight is also much more developed this week! He can now perceive light, and dark (even though its mostly dark in my belly!!).. And if a flashlight was placed on my belly he would be able to see this perfect!! This week Brax’s eyebrows, and eyelashes are even formed, and more hair is popping up on top of his cute head!!! Both Dev and I had TONS of hair when we were born! So it’ll be really interesting to see if Brax has lots as well!!! If the old wives tale about heartburn is correct, he will be pretty bald at this point! LOL!!

This past weekend we made some BIG moves in Braxton’s nursery!!! Dev and Crae spent a few hours getting the beadboard hung, and completed, and I must say, it looks AMAZING!!!! I sure am  lucky to have such a handy husband! J This weekend my parents also brought over their gift to Brax, his new crib!! Dev and I are obsessed with it!!! He is gonna LOVE his sleepy time (we hope.. lol).. This coming weekend we are either gonna purchase a glider, or his changing table, and also his mattress!! I absolutely LOVE that I can go in to his nursery, and picture it all complete, and him sleeping in there! He is really going to love his home, and especially his adorable little room!! J


On a side note…. Dev and I FINALLY got our changing table/dresser from Walmart on Tuesday.. Dev went and picked it up as soon as he was off, and called me to give me advance warning.. The box was TRASHED.. He had a feeling the inside was just as bad… Well, about 30 minutes later he called to let me know, that the changing table was trashed.. Each corner was indented, broke, chipped, scratched, etc.. Oh, AND the best part.. It was particle board… We paid $180 for particle board?! NO WAY!!! So we returned this POS to Walmart, and put the money in the bank till we find a new, ALL WOOD changing table for baby boy! We THINK (fingers crossed) we found the one we are gonna be buying.. Also, my parents had initially ordered our crib/glider set from Walmart.. The internet says it was 100% SOLID OAK.. Psh.. No.. Once again, the box was trashed! My mom said it looked like a knife was taken to the box!! So she had them open it right there in the store, and yeah, it was all dinged, scratched, and trashed.. So they got their money back, and headed to baby depot, and got us an the BEST crib!! We are so excited!!! So just a piece of advice.. Do NOT buy furniture at Walmart… Ugh.. HORRIBLE experience!!! So glad that’s over! LOL!! J


How far along? 22 weeks (1 day)!! This Friday will be exactly 4 months from our due date!!! SOOOO exciting!!!
Due Date: For now, June 17!! We will see how this moves in the next few months! 
Total weight gain/loss: Still comin in at about 13 pounds!
Maternity clothes: Yep! There’s no hidin this belly!! LOL!! Its weird, but some days I feel like I am bigger than others! But he still always shows! J
Sleep: Still sleepin like a champ!!!
Best moment this week: Dev and Crae finishing the beadboard in Braxton’s room! AND getting his AMAZING crib from my awesome parents!! J We set it all up Saturday, and I can’t stop going in his room just to look around! I told Dev Brax is absolutely going to LOVE his house, and his room! J
Movement: Lots of movement!!! And the little stinker has discovered how cozy he can be shoved up in my left ribs… LOL.. He makes it really uncomfortable for mommy, but it is well worth it! J
Food cravings: Still anything spicy, umm Dr Pepper (even though this is NAUGHTY, and I won’t give in very often),  and slushees! LOL! I had 2 yesterday cuz I couldn’t stop drinking the first one! LOL!!
Food aversions: Chicken (boiled, or grilled in particular), alfredo sauce, soup (except bean and bacon), onion and garlic!
Gender: Baby BOY!! J
Labor Signs: NONE!
Belly Button in or out? Oh boy, the bottom half is out, but the top half is still in! LOL! It looks SO weird!!! Dev makes fun of it all the time! Hahaha..
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly, AND back… Tanning, and normal caffeine intake.. LOL.
What I am looking forward to: Our doctor appointment next Tuesday!! And working more in Braxton’s room this weekend!!
Milestones: Feeling lil magoo move all the time!!

Symptons:
  • Fatigue.. YES STILL!! LOL!
  • Food aversions.. Seems like this is starting to get better! I had a couple hamburgers last week! LOL!
  • Increased appetite.. I am ALWAYS hungry these days!
  • Ugh… Pregnancy migraines…
  • Some back/hip/rib aches! Especially at the end of the day.
  • Stretch marks… No joke, my left tata looks like the right one has beat the CRAP out of it.. Ugh.. Its awful.. The right one has no battle wounds either!
  • Oh, and this one is new… Strained Ligament.. What?! Yeah, last Wednesday at the gym, while on the treadmill I thought I was gonna roll over and die! I was having the WORST pains!! I called and spoke to the oncall doctor, and its just a strained ligament.. Apparently even walking on a treadmill can have this effect! LOL!
  • Weak bladder, with more frequent pee.. Its getting to the point BIG laugh attacks, or sneezes can be scary! LOL!!
  • Charlie horses!! These are mostly in my feet! Not in my legs yet! LUCKILY!!
  • Sciatic, and round ligament pain!!

Goin out for a Valentines date with my handsome hubby! <3


The awesome beadboard!!! PS- Don't mind the dingy blinds.. We need to take these down and clean them!

SO CUTE!!! :)


Brax's AMAZING crib!!! :) YAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment