Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 27, 2012

24 weeks (1 day)- Ear of Corn!! :)

Well safe to say this past week has been a real doozy!!!! Last Tuesday I thought we were battling the flu in our house.. Well that passed, and Thursday I was back to being 100% normal… Friday I felt pretty good too, until about 2.. I had to run back to the bathroom, holding my mouth shut here at work and BARELY made it to a stall before I completely lost it… Ugh, really?? The flu is back?? Nope… Apparently I have been battling a really bad bladder infection.. L MISERABLE… I put 2 and 2 together Saturday while we were out and about running errands.. I called and spoke to the oncall doctor at my OB who confirmed it is a bladder infection, and she called me in a prescription.. She told me if I’m not feeling better today, or tomorrow I need to call in and have my urine tested to see what else could be going on… Yay… I’m still not feeling so hot today… On top of the infection, the medication I was prescribed has some gnarly side effects.. LOL.. Drowsiness (cuz that’s exactly what I need is to be MORE tired), nausea, headaches, etc… Today is day 2 of the antibiotics, so here’s to hoping tomorrow is a better day! J

This week lil Brax is about 8 ½ inches from the top of his cute head, to his little bum! And he weighs about 1 ½ pounds!! JJ He is steadily gaining weight at a rate of about 6 ounces per week!! Much of that weight is his cute baby fat!! But some also goes to his growing organs, bones and muscle! This week his ears are sharper and sharper.. He can hear very loud sounds, ranging anywhere from his big brother Tank barking, a jackhammer, and even his mommy and daddy talking! J He will come out and already recognize our voices.. J Also, by now his adorable face is almost fully formed!! Its even complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair!! If we were to see our babe on an ultrasound at this point we might be able to see what features he has, and who he looks like!! For now, his skin is still transparent till that baby fat grows and sets in more! His skin won’t be see through for much longer though with all that weight gain! J

I can’t believe he is already the size of an ear of corn!!! HOLY COW!!! And will be here in 16 weeks!!! That time is gonna FLY by!! We can’t wait to meet, squish, and love our baby boy!!! We are so excited!!! We already love him SO much!!! J


How far along? 24 weeks (1 day)!!
Due Date: For now, June 17!! We will see how this moves in the next few months! 
Total weight gain/loss: Total 15 pounds so far! J Right on track according to my doctor!! 
Maternity clothes: Yes!! Some normal shirts still, but mostly maternity! J
Sleep: I am still sleeping really well!! Maybe a little TOO well.. LOL.. I need to be more regular about getting up and going to the bathroom through the night instead of holding it!!! I will usually get out of bed once to pee, and if I wake up again go back to sleep.. Yes I am really lazy!! Well, after this past week that has got to change!! I woke up 3 times last night to go.. Haha..
Best moment this week: So many awesome moments!! J I absolutely love feeling my baby boy move all the time!! Nothing makes me happier, and nothing beats that!! J We also FINALLY got him a dresser (we scratched the idea of a changing table after searching for WEEKS with no result, and figured he won’t be in his own room sleeping for 3-4 months anyway), now we just need to have it delivered in good condition (fingers crossed!!). Also, my sister went to Vegas this past weekend, and came home with the CUTEST onesie EVER for Brax!!! Its black, and in silver writing says “I’m what happened in Vegas”… LOL!!! Yes, that boy is a honeymoon baby, and YES he will have pictures done in that!!! LOL!! Oh, and putting together Brax's carseat, and stroller!!! YAY!!
Movement: TONS!!! And I absolutely LOVE it!!! This boy is super active!!
Food cravings: This week its powdered sugar donuts, and slushees! LOL! Still Mexican food as well, or anything spicey! J
Food aversions: Chicken (boiled, or grilled in particular), alfredo sauce, soup (except bean and bacon), onion and garlic! Still the same…
Gender: Baby BOY!! J
Labor Signs: NONE!
Belly Button in or out? Still about 50/50!! LOL!!
What I miss: Umm this week I miss feeling normal, and not sick!! L Hopefully this nastiness passes soon!!! 
What I am looking forward to: Registering this weekend!!! YAY!!! I know it might seem a little early, but our first shower is March 29!! I am SO excited!!!
Milestones: Feeling Brax move all the time!!!!

Symptons:
  • Fatigue.. Not near as bad.. But I still do love my sleep! J 
  • Food aversions.. Mainly chicken.. ICK!!
  • Increased appetite.. I am ALWAYS hungry these days!
  • Ugh… Pregnancy migraines…
  • Some back/hip/rib aches! Especially at the end of the day, OR when baby boy decides its super comfy to wedge himself up in my left ribcage.. OUCH!! This takes my breath away!!!
  • Stretch marks… Booooooo….  
  • Weak bladder, with more frequent pee.. Its getting to the point BIG laugh attacks, or sneezes can be scary! LOL!!
  • Charlie horses!! These are mostly in my feet! Not in my legs yet! LUCKILY!!
  • Sciatic, and round ligament pain!!
  • Ugh and this week, a lovely bladder infection… L


Ugh yeah you can see in these pics I'm not feeling so hot... :(


Brax's carseat, and base!

His stroller! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment