Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

23 weeks (4 days)- MANGO!




Not too sure how baby has gone from being a spaghetti squash, to a Mango? To me a squash seems much bigger!! LOL!!

Safe to say I am just a little bit behind!!!! I had my post all ready to go Tuesday when I got to work, and then BAM.. I was hit with the NASTY flu bug… My poor hubs woke up that morning and said he felt weird, and like he was getting sick (I still felt pretty good).. Being the trooper he is, he went to work and stayed all day.. He was really sleepy, nauseous, and groggy, but lucky for him, he never threw up.. Me on the other hand?? That’s a whole other story.. LOL.. I got really nauseous at work, and more or less sprinted to the bathroom.. I was in there for about 10 minutes, and had no luck since I would NOT kneel on the floor, or touch ANYTHING.. ICK.. LOL. So I decided at that point to go home.. I slept all day till hubs got home, and then the throwing up began… UGH, I was miserable.. L My hubby being the AMAZING man he is stepped up and took such good care of me, even though he was sick as well.. I couldn’t be any luckier!! He went and got me chicken and stars soup (LOL) and Gatorade.. We were both worried about keeping me hydrated for Brax’s sake.. I canceled my Dr appointment for that afternoon, and luckily was able to get in yesterday.. I stayed home from work, rested and drank LOTS of fluid!! Then headed to my appointment. I guess all precautions Dev and I took to keep me hydrated worked, cuz mister man was ALL over the place!! The doctor laughed as soon as she tried to get his heartbeat, and said he is VERY ACTIVE!!! And she wasn’t lying.. As soon as the monitor touched by belly Brax kicked it! Haha.. He must have not liked it very much!! His heart rate was a strong 166, which was perfect since he is such an active boy!! I also gained 3 pounds.. Which is okay since I was worried about how sick I was!! Today I am luckily feeling MUCH better, and Brax is still just as active as ever!!! I can already feel him movin all over this morning!!

This week Brax is just over a pound, and measuring 8 inches from the top of his head, to his cute lil bum!! This week marks some serious weight gain for Brax!! He is starting to gain his baby fat!! His weight should at least double in the next 4 weeks!! For now, his skin is a reddish color due to how thin it is, and his blood vessels developing. His skin is also hanging loosely from his body, since skin grows much faster than fat.. He should fill out over the next few months, so he will be a little chubbers when he is born (we hope!!).  Also this week, we should be able to hear Braxton’s heartbeat with a stethoscope!!! I think me and his daddy might have to go get one this weekend!! LOL.. The only thing better than hearing his strong heart, is getting to see his cute face!! J  




How far along? 23 weeks (4 days)!!
Due Date: For now, June 17!! We will see how this moves in the next few months! 
Total weight gain/loss: Total 15 pounds so far (guess I’ve been a bit off on my count)! J 
Maternity clothes: Oooh yes! And I LOVE being so comfy!!! I can still wear a few non-maternity tops, but we are in ALL maternity bottoms.. I got a SUPER cute dress at H&M this weekend that isn’t maternity! I just need the weather to get nicer so I can wear it! LOL!
Sleep: Sleepin like a baby! ;) Haha.. We usually crawl in bed about 9, and I get up at 1 to use the potty before waking up at 5 during the week.. On the weekends I use the potty about twice.. Been having some CRAZY, vivid dreams the past week.. Not all are dreams I care to remember.. So I wake up till I can forget about them as much as possible and fall back to sleep.. 
Best moment this week: WITHOUT A DOUBT, Sunday night!! I was laying on the couch while Dev was in the kitchen making Tank a kong.. I felt Brax wigglin, so grabbed my belly and BAM!! I felt the kid do THREE whole somersaults!! I think I was feeling his head, and back!!! I was ecstatic!! As quick as I could I screamed for Dev to get down to me to feel! He dropped what he was doing and ran, but he barely missed out!! I think I prob scared poor Brax, so he froze!! LOL!! He has become SO dang active since Friday! I love it!!!! I will admit, I have been a tad bit worried, since EVERY site I read says I should feel him ALL the time now, and everyone else should too.. With my uterus tilting backwards, and my placenta attaching low, I haven’t been able to feel him very much (my Dr told me not to worry, but how could I not??)… That’s all over for me now!! I feel him every hour! J I told Dev that by the end of the week he should be able to feel him all the time too! I know this made him super happy!! J He would never admit it or tell me (from fear of me crying, or getting upset), but I know he has been a bit bummed he hasn’t felt his baby boy very much!!
Movement: TONS AND TONS!!!! I told Dev last night I think he does nightly karat-ae! LOL.. I can’t wait for Dev to get to feel him all the time too!!
Food cravings: Mexican food galore!!  And anything spicey still!! Oh, and hello long lost hamburgers… J
Food aversions: Chicken (boiled, or grilled in particular), alfredo sauce, soup (except bean and bacon), onion and garlic! Still the same…
Gender: Baby BOY!! J
Labor Signs: NONE!
Belly Button in or out? Oh it’s the ugliest belly button EVER!!! LOL.. Its gotten really shallow, and smaller.. The bottom half is almost completely out, and the top half is still hangin back.. LOL..
What I miss: Not having to run to the bathroom each time someone makes me laugh hard… Yeah, I’ve gotten to THAT point… LOL..
What I am looking forward to: Working on decorations for Braxtons room this weekend, and going to the Safe Kids Fair! J
Milestones: Feeling mister Brax somersault all over, and move like CRAZY!!! J 

Symptons:
  • Fatigue.. Not near as bad.. But I still do love my sleep! J 
  • Food aversions.. Mainly chicken.. ICK!!
  • Increased appetite.. I am ALWAYS hungry these days!
  • Ugh… Pregnancy migraines…
  • Some back/hip/rib aches! Especially at the end of the day, OR when baby boy decides its super comfy to wedge himself up in my left ribcage.. OUCH!! This takes my breath away!!!
  • Stretch marks… Yeah I don’t even wanna talk about it…. 
  • Weak bladder, with more frequent pee.. Its getting to the point BIG laugh attacks, or sneezes can be scary! LOL!!
  • Charlie horses!! These are mostly in my feet! Not in my legs yet! LUCKILY!!
  •  Sciatic, and round ligament pain!!

Ugh I ALMOST didn't add this pic, I think I look DISGUSTING.. LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment