Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines 2012!

Yesterday was mine n Dev's first Valentines day married! And it was wonderful!! :) We went out Saturday night to "celebrate" since we both wake up so dang early during the week, and go to bed super early (lets be honest, I am asleep way before Dev every night.. LOL!). Saturday we went to dinner at Dev's favorite (and now my favorite) BBQ place, Pat's, then headed to Coldstone to get some icecream, and went to see The Vow (I LOVE Channing Tatum (yum) and Dev has a thing for Rachel McAdams so it worked! LOL). Last night we just stayed home, made our yummy carne asada taco's, and spanish rice and exchanged our gifts!! It was really chill, and really nice, there's nothing better than staying home and spending time with Dev!!! We decided a few weeks ago to MAKE each others gifts this year, instead of going out and buying something new.. We also decided to set a $30 budget.. This was SO much fun!!! We both had a blast coming up with ideas, and making our gifts! We were both like little kids waiting to give each other what we made!! Dev was even saying last week how he wanted to give me my gift early cuz it was THAT good! Haha.. And that awesome hubby of mine sure didn't dissapoint! :)

Back in October we were in Target doing some shopping, and we came across a super cute & symbol in silver.. I saw it and fell in love with it, BUT decided I wanted to MAKE it, and add a twist.. I wanted to add YOU & ME, and put this on the ledge in our room above our bathroom, and closet doors! The ledge we have has been empty except for 2 picture frames since I moved in.. We've been focusing all our time, effort and money to other rooms (most recently Braxton's!). So, my AMAZING hubby remembered I wanted these, went out and bought them (unfinished), finished them all on his own and surprised me!!! I was SO excited!!! And so impressed! He did SO good!!! I immediately wanted to go put them up in our room!! LOL! And the trooper that he is, went right up and put them on the ledge! They look SO stinkin adorable!!! Heres a few pics, even though they don't do it justice!!!




He is the BEST!!! He kept the & silver, AND added glitter!!

My gift was a tad bit more cheesy, romantic and mushy... LOL.. I wrote Dev a book called "The Alphabet of our LOVE". This had a different picture, and memory from our relationship for each letter in the alphabet.. He LOVED it!! He smiled the entire time he read it, and told me it was so thoughtful! :) When we went up to put my gift on the ledge, he rearranged the dresser, and told me he had to make room so the book can be out EVERY day, but not out where everyone can read it cuz its personal, and just for him! :) I sure love this man!! He is the BEST!!! Heres a picture of the cover of the book (I promise the actual pages inside were MUCH more creative, Dev even told me he was surprised by my scrapbooking skills he never knew I had.. I even surprised myself!! LOL), and a picture of my hottie hubs showing his excitement!! :)



Seriously could he be ANY cuter?!?! I think NOT!!

We had a great night together, and kept talking about how next year we will have a new Valentine to share the day with!! We can't wait!!! Hope everyone had a fantastic day, filled with lots of love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment