Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

17 weeks- Turnip!


YAY for feeling better and better with each new week that passes!! Today I feel almost 100% again! That’s a wonderful change! I hope the next 4 ½ months go by smooth! We had a fantastic weekend! We picked out Braxton’s nursery set, and decided how we are going to paint his room.. We spent lots of time with family, and got Braxton a few cases of diapers and wipes (which Dev said felt SO weird.. lol), and some new lights for the house! We were busy ALL weekend, and lucky for me (and Dev) I wasn’t TOO exhausted.. My amazing hubs still lets me go to bed early at night (he’s the BEST), and it probably helps that he now has his Xbox, and can play Madden live with his brother, my cousin, and his friend! LOL!


This week Brax is about the size of my open hand, and weighs 5 ounces! He’s finally starting to gain his baby fat, YAY!! Can’t wait to squish his cute little cheeks! LOL! His heartbeat is about 140-150 BPM, about twice as fast as mine! Brax is also practicing swallowing, and breathing this week. He is also able to hear things like a doorbell, the vacuum, and Tank barking, these different noises may startle him, but are also preparing him for when he is born. Which is a good thing, cuz his big brother Tank is a non stop barker.. LOL. Brax’s eyes can see light, and are even making side to side movements, even though his eyelids are still sealed. And last but not least within the next week Braxton’s fingers and toe’s will develop their own special prints!

How far along? 17 weeks (and 1 day).
Due Date: June 17, 2012
Total weight gain/loss: Umm last week at our appointment I had gained 2 pounds since the last time we went in! I am gonna say I’ve gained about 6 pounds so far!
Maternity clothes? Not yet! Still using a hair tie to button my jeans, and a belly band! My awesome mom is making me 2 new belly bands this week too! WOO HOO! LOL..
Sleep: I’ve been sleeping much better this week so far! J
Best moment this week: Hearing Braxton’s heartbeat immediately at our appointment last week! Our Dr said he has a big, strong heart! J
Movement: Nothing that I have really noticed yet! Hopefully this week I start to feel him all the time!!
Food cravings: Umm this weekend I realized I’m not craving some particular thing ALL the time, but there’s a few things that always sound good to me.. That’s fruit/veggies, mac n cheese, salsa, mcdonalds fries, and egg mcmuffins! LOL!
Food aversions: Still meat and soup.. GROSS!!! I also can’t stand the smell or taste of onions or garlic! Oh and add in alfredo sauce!
Gender: STILL a little baby BOY!! Little Braxton Lester Baker! J  We have our actual “gender determination” appointment on the 24th, so we will get to see him again!  YAY!
Labor Signs: NONE! (Fingers crossed we stay that way for 5  more months)!!
Belly Button in or out? Innie
What I miss: Nothing really!! I was released last week to get back to normal activity! Even though I’m still gonna take it easy with lifting, straining, etc.. Now that I’m in my second trimester I’m having a pretty easy time!
J
What I am looking forward to: Hopefully feeling Brax move this week, and seeing him at our next appointment! Getting to see him is always my FAVORITE!
Milestones: Starting to feel more like a human, and less like the walking, nauseous dead! LOL! 

 Symptons:
·        Fatigue still… I am pretty sure this is gonna stick around for the next 20 years or so! LOL!
      ·        Some Sciatic nerve pain, but really not much anymore!
·        Food aversions still…
·        Increased appetite.. I feel like I am always hungry, but can never seem to eat very much!
·        Ugh… Pregnancy migraines… I had the WORST migraine of my life last week, luckily my Dr    appointment was the same day, and he gave me some medicine.. I feel MUCH better! Unfortunately, they will probably come and go the rest of my pregnancy.. But that’s okay, as long as they aren’t daily!!
·        Some back aches.. By the end of the day my lower back is pretty tight, and sore..
·        Stretch marks… L Wah.. This was the ONE thing I was really hoping to dodge! Luckily, they aren’t bad, or really very visible.. They are just appearing with my ever growing chest.. LOL..
·        Gaining weight… There’s really no way around this one! So I just gotta welcome it with open arms! ;) LOL!

Braxton's cute nursery stuff!! We are painting his whole room tan, with bright white trim and doors.. Then his wall with the window will have bright white bead board on the bottom half, and the top half will be the light green in the bedding! :)


Another cute picture! This is also the AWESOME crib my parents are buying for Brax! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment