Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011! :)

This year our Christmas festivities began Saturday December 17! We went to my Grandpa, and his wifes house to celebrate (early) Christmas! :) We live seriously like 1/2 a mile from my grandpa so we were there a bit early.. Haha.. Once everyone got there, we all ate, then did our gift exchange! We got what my Grandpa calls "a couples gift".. LOL.. It was a bag filled with super cute stuff! We got a doggie treat jar for Tankers, some treats for him, a cute pad of paper to hang on the fridge, and a pen, we also got a cute tree shaped soap dispenser, and a white hand towel with a candy cane! Last but not least, we got a movie gift certificate, and a giftcard to Iggy's. :) WOO HOO! Dev and I will be having date night very soon! LOL!

Friday night, the 23rd, we had Devin's moms family party with all her siblings, their kids, etc.. I guess they usually do this party every year, but took a break last year! The whole family getting together is a lot of work! But it was a TON of fun! :) We did a white elephant gift exchange, and had an ugly sweater contest! My sweater was AWFUL, but unfortunately didn't win.. I was being called a DOILY all night.. LOL.. I had a mauve colored sweater, with white lace following the V neck in front, and draping all the way across the back in a straight square.. LOL.. Devs sweater was home made cuz we couldn't find him one ugly enough anywhere! LOL! He had a grandpa styled dark green sweater, with a stocking sewn to the front, with a gingerbread man hanging out of it.. Hahaha.. It was awesome! (unfortunatley this year I have been AWFUL with my camera, so I didn't get any pics..). Our white elephant gifts KILLED it too!! I brought a 1989 work out video, and found the EXACT outfit the lady on the cover was wearing.. It was a purple (swimsuit looking) body suit.. Dev's brother Steven got the gift! LOL! It was hilarious!!! Dev brought a HUGE red and gold sombrero!!! LOL! His cousin got this, and wore it ALL night!! It was a great time!

Saturday, Christmas Eve we woke up and headed to my Great Grandpas house with my fambam! :) I LOVE spending time with my grandpa! He is honestly the best man I have ever known! He is going to be 96 next month, and has had the most fulfilled life I have ever heard! :) I could sit and listen to his stories ALL DAY! :) We stayed there for a little over an hour, then headed home to get ready for the night! Our first stop was Devin's parents house! We got up there a bit early, and Dev helped out a bit with the 100 taco's they made.. LOL.. (Yes 100, they were more or less feeding a small army.. haha).. We ate the yummy dinner, then exchanged gifts! Devs parents gave each kid a new patio set, along with an AWESOME yard game.. I can't remember what its called, but we used to play it at my parents all the time till theirs broke.. LOL! From there we headed up to my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Gregs house in Fort Union to do Christmas with my fam! :) We ate, AGAIN (yummy ham, potatoes, salad, rolls, etc), then did the Gag gift gift exchange.. Once again (besides my moms NASTY gift) mine n Devs killed it! :) We brought a singing Justin Bieber toothbrush, with toothpaste LOL!! And something called a comfy-wipe (use your imagination) with a thing of wipes.. LOL.. Dev walked away with some toilet seat covers, and some bags that apprently you take with you camping to use for potty purposes.. LOL.. My moms gift got SCREAMS, and dry heaves.. LOL.. She got some of the BIGGEST tighty whities you could find, along with a bottle of pepto.. One pair of tighty whities she sprayed PAM cooking spray in the crotch, and in the other pair she melted a disgusting looking candy bar.. LOL! My Aunt Paula opened it and chucked it across the room as she screamed! LOL! It was hilarious! There seems to be a reoccuring theme with my family's gifts each year.... LOL. From there we headed to my parents so Dev could make us our Christmas morning, cinnamon sticky bread thing under my moms guidance.. LOL..

Sunday morning we got up bright and early (having a dog is good practice for a baby, he NEVER lets us sleep past 8.. LOL). Put our yummy breakfast in the oven, then exchanged gifts.. :) My adorable hubby got me the BEST gifts, and all except for his shirts I got him not fitting (booooo pregnant brain), I think I did pretty well with him also! :) We gave our doggie Tank his presents, and it was the cutest thing! With each new thing we gave him he got SO excited he would wag his tail as fast as it could go, and he would cry! LOL! He cracks us up!!! We then got ready and headed up to Dev's parents to give them another gift from us.. :) Then we headed to my Dads parents house for a bit, then to my parents! We exchanged gifts, ate some yummy dinner and watched my football team (the Packers) kick my dad's football teams BOOTIES (the Bears).. Then of course, my mom held true to her Christmas tradition, and gave us all new PJ's to wear! LOL! It was a great night!!

Overall we had a WONDERFUL Christmas this year! :) Being as busy as we were (and me running on E and being the walking dead) was well worth it cuz we got to spend so much quality time with our families! :) Dev and I both kept saying how crazy it is that next year we will have a little one! :)

Dang near the ONLY pic I got of me n Dev.. :( Dang pregnant brain!! LOL!

Tankers LOVING his new bone!!!



LOVING the fox he got from my mom! LOL! He LOVES chewing water bottles, and this fox had a water bottle inside its body! He was in heaven!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment