Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Subchorionic Hemmorhage

Last Monday morning I woke up to get ready for work, went in to the bathroom and found I had been bleeding a lot during the night.. I immediately ran downstairs to Dev where he was eating breakfast and started to cry and freak out.. He did his best at calming me down, got me back upstairs in to bed and headed out for work (yeah his work is crappy, they don't get sick days).. I text my sister to go wake up my Mom and have her call me so I didn't wake up my Dad.. Well, that didn't work cuz as soon as my mom woke up and started to talk to my sister my Dad was up too.. LOL.. My Mom called me to see what was going on, and I filled her in.. She told me to try calling my Doctor, so I did.. I got connected to an on call doctor who told me it happens a lot, and it was probably no big deal, just to keep an eye on it.. REALLY??? No, I don't think so.. So I called my mom back and filled her in, we decided I would wait till 8 and call my Doctor.. I went and showered then layed down on the couch till 8. I called my Doctor's office and spoke to the nurse as he was out on surgeries all morning.. She told me I needed to get over to the ER immediately to see if I have a viable pregnancy.. My heart sank... :( That wasn't the news I wanted to hear.. My mom was already at my house, so we headed up to the Riverton IMC ER (as this is where my doctor is based).

I got put back in a room where they hooked me up to an IV, took a TON of blood, and a urine sample.. After about 2 hours, they told me my test results were so far so good, but we needed to go in and do an ultrasound.. We headed back to the ultrasound room, and the tech told me she wasn't allowed to discuss anything we were seeing, but the radiologist would look over the ultrasound, and speak with the doctor and I would then get the results.. I was trying hard not to peek at the monitor cuz I was scared of what I would see, or to get my hopes up.. But I had to! As soon as the tech put the machine up to my tummy I saw a perfect little baby doing little sommersaults, and flippys all over! It was AMAZING to see, but I was still scared to death.. My mom watched the monitor like a HAWK and saw the baby had a heart rate of 174 BPM, and was moving all over.. We got back to the room and waited once again for the doctor.. After about 30 minutes the SWEETEST nurse came in and told me the doctor would be in soon, and it was GOOD. She said there was good and bad news, but it was mostly good.. So we waited patiently..

The doctor FINALLY came in after what seemed to be FOREVER and told me my baby actually measured to be farther along than we initially thought.. I thought when I went in to the ER I was 10 weeks, 3 days, but really I was 11 weeks, 1 day! That was exciting!! :) He told me baby is perfect, and growing really well, BUT I have what is called a Subchorionic Hemmorhage aka Threatened Abortion.. Once again, my heart sank.. :( I was scared to death.. He told me basically what this means is when the placenta was attaching, it hit a blood vessel causing me to bleed, due to the blood the placenta wasn't able to attach in that area.. The blood would need to drain so the placenta can attach, and I can't have it tear any further or I am at risk of losing the baby.. He put me on FULL bed rest till I could see my regular OB the next day and he can decide further what I need to do.. I headed home, and Dev met me there.. He snuck out of work early to be with me as we both had a LONG day waiting..

We got in to see my regular OB on Tuesday, he looked over the ultrasound scans and said baby is PERFECT, and great sized.. I just need to get my placenta to reattach and heal, so it was FULL bed rest for a week, then I would be re evaluated to see if my bleeding had stopped, and how the placenta was doing.. This was a LONG week.. I think both Dev and I were walking somewhat on egg shells, we were both scared to death, praying for the best and fearing the worst.. It was a tough week.. I am truly lucky to have such an amazing hubby.. He took care of me and EVERYTHING the entire week.. He is absolutely the best husband in the entire world! :) My family is amazing as well! My cute grandmas called me every single day last week to check on me, and my Dads mom brought me n Dev dinner (which was more like a week long feast.. lol). Devs Dad and my Uncle Troy came over and gave me and the baby a blessing, which was great! It really helped calm my nerves, and brought me some peace of mind for the next week. :)

Devin and I headed back to the doctors this past Monday. My bleeding had stopped on Saturday, so that was GREAT news!! We did another ultrasound (Dev was SUPER excited as this was the first time he actually got to be there). Baby was sleeping with its back facing us, so we didn't get to see its cute face, but thats okay! We saw its cute head, back, neck, legs, arms and ears!! :) Its so much fun seeing baby!!! They did the heart rate again as well, and this week it had slowed to 161 BPM.. Still perfect! :) As of now I have been taken off bed rest, but still have TONS of restrictions.. No lifting, no stairs, no long walks, no stress, etc.. I just have to take it easy the rest of my pregnancy and let baby keep growing! Baby is a fighter already, so I am going to do EVERYTHING in my power to fight just as hard for baby! :)

Devin and I are going on December 23 to Fetal Foto to find out what baby is as we will be just about 15 weeks at that time, and WE CANNOT wait another minute to find out what we are having!! We are planning on announcing the sex of the baby to our families on Christmas Eve as well! :)

Heres a picture of our little angel! :) You can see the cute little nose, tummy and the legs in the air! I LOVE this picture! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment